Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Vlogging Goes Meta: A Visit to a Medical Cannibus Club (Day 2 of Videoblogging Week)

Videoblogging Week 2006 (day 2)


click here to download

I shot this a while ago, but have been uber busy and just haven't had the opportunity to edit this down. The French cable television station Canal Plus, decided to shoot a documentary for their station on Citizen Journalism.

They flew out to San Francisco to talk to me! Well, and Dan Gillmor and the camera man actually lives in LA; but still! It's French TV and they wanted to talk to me. How cool is that?

Anyhow they wanted to shoot me producing a videoblog, after telling them that my main beat is shooting protests and as luck would have it, there wasn't a protest on that particular day at that particular time in SF, I wasn't sure what to do...

Then I thought about how strange medical marijuana must seem outside of SF and especially in another country, and that was the genesis for this video. Unfortunately I wasn't able to shoot the dispensary or interview anyone at the club... but it was still fun... er... dangerous. Yes, DANGER - is the theme here at Videobloggingweek2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home