Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Grand Jury Hits the SF Weekly


Picture 107.png
Originally uploaded by Insurgent.
Ryan Blitsein's article about me was just published on SF Weekly's website.
To Wolf, the government subpoena of his tape represents a threat to his ability to gather news as an independent reporter. He believes it's yet another reel cast in a Justice Department fishing expedition that will stop at nothing to put his activist compatriots behind bars.

All & all, I think Ryan did a pretty good job with the article, as can be expected there are a few things I'd disagree with and the legal help line for the NLG is 285-1011 (not 205-1011), but all in all pretty good.

I would like to point out one inaccurate fact which I think is very important to note, Ryan writes: "When he realized his July protest video was worth something, he sold an edited version to local TV stations."

I did not sell my footage when I realized my footage was worth something. I sold my footage whn I realized it was being used without my permission. It is true that I sold the rights to Brian Shields beforehand, but I did not do so after finding out there was a "market" for the footage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home