Monday, January 30, 2006

Federal Grand Jury Regarding July 8th Protest

UPDATEMy lawyer and I have been granted a two week continuance before we must appear before the grandjury. More information coming soon.

*** www.joshwolf.net is currently down, my website is still accessible through my blogger account. As soon as the domain transfer is complete, I'll be importing this blog into wordpress. ***

On July 8th, I shot a video of a protest in the city of San Francisco. During this protest, a police officer was injured during some sort of assumed altercation. My video which I posted to Indybay ended up being used by all the major news outlets without my permission. After sending them a bill for the unauthorized use of the tape, I agreed to give them a full-quality copy of the edited video I had already posted.

Around this time I got a visit from the FBI, they asked for a copy of the video and after speaking with my lawyer told them that they would need to consider this conversation with him and I was not at this point in time going to provide them with a copy of the tape.

Fast-forward about 6 months: I get another visit from the same FBI agents and I am delivered a subpoena to appear before a federal grand jury on February 2nd, this upcoming Thursday.

I'm a little worried about this whole thing, so please wish me luck guys... There should be a couple of videos leading up to and following the experience. So please stay tuned!

2 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Anonymous deanosor said...

Good luck Josh

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger rene said...

you don't have anything to worry about, you weren't breaking any laws.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home