Thursday, July 07, 2005

Current TV Tackles London Terrror


WWW.TAKEBACKTV.COM
Originally uploaded by blackcatmedia.

Update: Current TV has decided to put my video up on their site.

Robin Sloan from Current TV writes in the Current Blog:
Set up your webcam. Power up a camcorder. Put yourself on screen and just talk. Talk about what this means, and how it feels:

  • Where were you when you found out about the bombings?

  • Has your view of the "war on terror" changed today?

  • How do you feel about the safety of your trains and your town?

  • Any messages for the people of London?

  • Keep it short -- a minute or two is great. Then upload it to us here


    So... I decided to grab my camera and let Current know what I think.

    But wait... As you might have noticed, this entry's video has nothing to do with London. Once the 3 month exclusivity period is up and Current notifies me that they don't want to use my thoughts about today's attack, I'll happily post it here on my blog. But if you want to hear my thoughts on the London attack before October then please send an e-mail to studio@current.tv and ask that they change their 3 month exclusivity term.

    But, until then -- here's the video from when I was hired to promote Current's pre-launch party "Take Back TV."

    Technorati tag:

    1 Comments:

    At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "...but if you want to hear my thoughts on the London attack before October then please send an e-mail to studio@current.tv..."

    Huh? Didn't I just watch it via the link you provide to the Current site? Why would I go through the trouble to ask them to change a policy so i can see something that I just saw?

    I'm also curious, do you think this video will ultimately get more views from it's inclusion with Current than it would have had you just posted it on your site? If so, do you think that helps alleviate some of the pain involved in the exclusivity arrangement?

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home