Monday, May 16, 2005

San Francisco Squat (March 19 2004)


March 19th 2004
Originally uploaded by blackcatmedia.
This is a new edit of a video I shot on the one year anniversary of the Iraq war. In retrospect, the title "Squat for Peace" is kind of stupid, but I don't think I have the original footage without the title anymore. I created this new edit to enter the Current TV contest that's going on right now.

I've gone ahead and put up two version of this video. The higher-quality H264 version is about 35 megabytes and requires Quicktime 7.

Clicking on the screen-shot will bring up the lower quality file which is only about 15 Mbs and encoded with 3Ivx.

2 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger R said...

cool josh, what's the story on the situation? update on the squat?

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the best of my knowledge -- the squat was raided by the police about 25 minutes after the video ends. No one was arrested, but it's my understanding that the squat disbanded at that point or shortly thereafter. Again, I don't know for sure -- maybe there are still people living inside the building. It's still standing and it still looks abandoned - but that doesn't mean there isn't alive inside...

Josh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home