Thursday, April 21, 2005

From the Archvies: Matt 4 Mayor


Matt 4 Mayor
Originally uploaded by blackcatmedia.
I was talking to somebody about the video I made of the March 9th Protest at SFSU, and he seemed to think it'd be better if I had created a more definiteve frame around what's happening inthe piece to create more of a sense of a story as well as to provide a context.

With that in mind, I rumaged through the videos I've made in the past and found this piece I put together to promote Matt Gonzalez's Mayoral race.

As most of us know, Matt did not win -- and looking back on it all -- the video has an almost haunting feel to me.

What do you guys think about it?

4 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger R said...

How quickly things change in the world of politics! I thought it was a pretty good piece for Matt, without getting too negative about Gavin. Unfortunately, now the Greens are now in danger of becoming moderate and co-opted by the democratic party.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger katieb said...

I thought it was good, but just from a pure editing standpoint, it moved rather slow. Maybe slice up the sound bites a bit and intercut with more imagery of the campaign (if you have that is)... Keep 'em coming!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger katieb said...

p.s. a prior engagment kept me from last night's meeting and I'll be out of town on Sunday, too ... Hopefully, I can make it to the next one ...

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Insurgent said...

Katie -- I totally agree with you. I completed this piece prior to the run-off election, and it was one of the first pieces I ever put together. The footage is rough, the cuts are long; but I don't really see any point and revisiting it to refine the movie. I would've done the piece much differently today than I did then...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home